22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
I’m glad they fudged. You have plenty of light with your headlights. Hate the people who turn their fog lights on and never turn the damn things off! Use them as needed, not all the f’n time!
Why does it matter to you if someone leaves their fog lights on all the time? A proper set of fog lights should have a low, wide beam pattern which should have no adverse effect to oncoming traffic. If anything, they're only harming their own vision as they're likely seeing way too much foreground and that makes it more difficult to see things at a distance.
Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dannit, that was quite Ironic! Well you get what I'm saying though right? Like they could have easily made the damn inserts removeable or interchangeable so folks don't have to go out and cut holes in their valance just to add some fog lights.

I do think it'd be easier for someone to get the FX4 valance and just mount lights in place of the tow hooks, but have you seen the cost of that damn FX4 valance :oops: If someone wanted to go that route, better hope you got an EcoBooost with FX4 from the factory
Lol, yes, I knew where you were going with it. Was just busting your chops. For a vehicle they keep touting as easy to DIY and customize they certainly could have made this one a bit easier. Leaving off an almost every day feature like fog lights at this price point makes sense, but it would have cost no more to just pre-punch inserts.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have completely redeemed yourself after painting over your front turn-signal indicators.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have completely redeemed yourself after painting over your front turn-signal indicators.

Trollll... :ROFLMAO: he just wrapped them lol. Easily reversible and looked to still be transparent per the pics.

Sponsored

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interested in how you wired them??? Connected to headlights or separate switch?
I could be wrong but I don't think anything's been wired yet, just the lights fitted thus far. Did you read the post lol?

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trollll... :ROFLMAO: he just wrapped them lol. Easily reversible and looked to still be transparent per the pics.
He painted them.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He painted them.

Quoted right from his thread: Color matched / vinyl wrapped front side marker lamps | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

I wrapped my front side marker lamps with 3M 1080 G120 Gloss White Aluminum Vinyl. I ordered a few samples of vinyl but this color seemed to be the best match for Iconic Silver. The LED marker lamp is still visible at night, but nearly all daytime illumination is lost. This also eliminates having any front/side reflectors, so may be illegal in some areas. Ultimately, this is just a temporary solution until Klearz develops a clear reflector / marker lamp, then I'll swap them out for those.

Maybe somebody else like Mr Doom painted his blue or some crap like that.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
are there good solid mounting surfaces behind that cutout ?
I'd suspect wherever the FX4 tow hooks mount to would be the best bet to build a bracket off of There's also the lower crossmember that's just barely out of site in that pic, but could also attach there possibly.

Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Quoted right from his thread: Color matched / vinyl wrapped front side marker lamps | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

I wrapped my front side marker lamps with 3M 1080 G120 Gloss White Aluminum Vinyl. I ordered a few samples of vinyl but this color seemed to be the best match for Iconic Silver. The LED marker lamp is still visible at night, but nearly all daytime illumination is lost. This also eliminates having any front/side reflectors, so may be illegal in some areas. Ultimately, this is just a temporary solution until Klearz develops a clear reflector / marker lamp, then I'll swap them out for those.

Maybe somebody else like Mr Doom painted his blue or some crap like that.

I stand corrected.

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since I started making progress on adding fog lights to my Maverick, I thought I'd start a thread to document my journey. Feel free to follow along if you'd like!

A couple of weeks ago when I removed the front bumper to modify my grille, I went ahead and cut out the openings for fog lights. I used a scoring knife to carefully score the perimeters. I did this several times on each side. Once I had about half of the plastic scored away, I used an X-ACTO hobby knife to carefully cut through the rest of plastic. The edge isn't as clean as I'd like it, so I plan to use a small edge trim around the openings to better conceal my cut job.

For the fog lights, I found that 04-06 F150 Fog lights have a very similar size and shape as the openings on the Maverick. Part numbers for the housings are:
5L3Z15200A
5L3Z15201A

After test fitting the lights to the bumper openings, I realized that the shape is slightly off, but not as bad as I was anticipating. To make the lights blend in a little better, I'm going to be opening them up and painting the majority of the chrome internals black. While I've got the housings opened up, I'll be retrofitting projectors in them as well.

That's about it for now. The next step is to get some brackets made up so that I have a solid base for the housings. Once I have the lights mounted I can proceed with the retrofit. I'll keep this thread updated as I work through everything.

Test fit of the lights.
View attachment 24547

The point of no return :eek:
View attachment 24548
View attachment 24549

View attachment 24550
View attachment 24551
Sweet!

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well done and I applaud the initiative. ✔
Hello FOMOCO .... your customers are moving forward without you on this one. Perhaps they are holding out but it would be wise to make this option available and soon . Please. Some of us actually have a dire need for true fog lights- the mountain passes are a bear this time of year.

Carry on ✔🇺🇸

Last edited:

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered the FX4 specifically so I wouldn't have to cut anything for foglights

I have the Diode Dynamics kit for my current F150 (that are coming off this weekend to revert back to stock) which I'll be saving just in case they can be of use on the Maverick

I will just assume you will be adding the Bronco Sport light swtich panel that has foglight option since it appears to be the same size as the Mav's light control panel (or was it the Escape panel? or either)
Going to guess a wire or two will have to be added to use the factory style switch

Or are you doing something different for a switch?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.