Sponsored

2024 maverick xl come with engine cover?

Kyleshorette

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford maverick xl awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did your maverick come with a dust cover for your engine bay? Not a big issue, it looks like there are places for it to attach to and I haven’t seen a new car without one.
Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Type in the search bar "engine cover". You'll find a complete thread about this for you Ecoboost folks! And you will see some pretty cool looking set ups.

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a duvet, to keep the engine warm when you turn it off. 🥵
Not a benefit for the engine.
Seriously.
According to Master Mechanic
Dave Bell. Those plastic and foam covers without ventilation, hold in heat. If you want to spruce up your engine bay, go for it.
Check out, the new metal ones have vents for heat dispersal.
They dressup the engine bay nicely.

Ford Maverick 2024 maverick xl come with engine cover? 20240630_071143

Looks great. I have the same. I ordered the matched color and clear and added the little red emblem
20240430_123546_HDR~3.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Oscarcat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Lariat, Lexus NX 300, PT Cruiser 5 spd. C172P
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did your maverick come with a dust cover for your engine bay? Not a big issue, it looks like there are places for it to attach to and I haven’t seen a new car without one.
I believe Ford called it an engine sound cushion. It is dense black foam, about 1.5 in thick.

Do some research. It may have been standard in the very early production 2.0 EB Mav's. I recall something about removal due to engine fires, but confirm. They also included it on the Lincoln Corsair 2.0 EB.

I located and purchased a cover for my early production 2.0 EB. At idle and low speed It absorded some of the noises made by the gas direct injection apparatus [GDI]. It dressed up the engine compartment.

There is a company that advertises here that sells a metal version w/ vent slots for about $190.

If you are interested in reducing sound in the cabin of a 2.0 XL, open both the hood and drivers door. look under the hood hinge and fender near the black side XL emblem. If you see complete daylight, you can purchase and install the black cushion on both left and right sides. This reduces noise transmitted into the cabin. This is standard on the Lariat and I am unsure which other Mavs have it as standard.

Unrelated, the Mav Lariat with double insulated windshield [not included on XL or XLT] and the fender sound cushion is a very quiet and nice driving trucklet.

Brianx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Eco Boost XL Cactus Gray, tow bar, Co-Pilot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
do you have a link for the cushion? i can't find it on the google

Sponsored

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No mavericks come with engine covers, I ordered one from bronco 2 2.0 I think, 2 years ago, lots of posts on this subject with part numbers, you can search it, was about 80 bucks with hardware. Think hard to get now. It does clean up the engine bay a lot. 10 min install.

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs