JCRaleigh

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took my 2022 Hybrid Lariat to a local dealer here yesterday in Raleigh NC to have this recall worked performed. (Software update to the PCM). When I made the appointment with the dealer in late November the dealer confirmed that the update was required on my vehicle. Yesterday, after I dropped off the truck, they called me and said that the Recall had been done on my truck five days ago in Oxnard California. Obviously, my truck has not been in California so someone must have updated the system with my trucks VIN in error. The dealer says they will work with Ford to attempt to correct the error. Does anyone have any experience with a dealer working with Ford to correct this kind of issue? I’m not confident after my conversations yesterday that this will be easily unwound. Thanks for any insight you may have.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took my 2022 Hybrid Lariat to a local dealer here yesterday in Raleigh NC to have this recall worked performed. (Software update to the PCM). When I made the appointment with the dealer in late November the dealer confirmed that the update was required on my vehicle. Yesterday, after I dropped off the truck, they called me and said that the Recall had been done on my truck five days ago in Oxnard California. Obviously, my truck has not been in California so someone must have updated the system with my trucks VIN in error. The dealer says they will work with Ford to attempt to correct the error. Does anyone have any experience with a dealer working with Ford to correct this kind of issue? I’m not confident after my conversations yesterday that this will be easily unwound. Thanks for any insight you may have.
Most likely a typo by CA dealer call him and ask for it to be corrected. He will need the date it was done and maybe your vin. Maybe contact @Ford Motor Company

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless ................... someone STOLE your truck, drove it to California, then, feeling guilty, he got your recall taken care of before driving it back to your house. Have you checked your odometer? I'll betcha that's it!

arseatea

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2011 Lexus ES350, 2004 Ford ST
Engine
Undecided
It does make me wonder if I have a recall in the pipeline on my 2023 hybrid.

Sponsored

SR-71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received the emissions recall notification from Ford this week for my 2023 XL Hybrid built in March. But it is identified as 23E09, not the 23E07 reported by OP for the 2022 Mav. It requires the same solution to be performed: software update for PCM.

cybex53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Lincoln Corsair, 22 Ford Maverick, 85 Porsche
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received the emissions recall 23E09 for our 22 XLT Hybrid just yesterday for the PCM reprograming.

OP
OP

JCRaleigh

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The local dealer in Raleigh resolved the duplicate VIN issue and installed the update on my truck. Now the intelligent access (proximity lock / unlock) will not work on my passenger door after the update. Going back to the dealer next week.

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The local dealer in Raleigh resolved the duplicate VIN issue and installed the update on my truck. Now the intelligent access (proximity lock / unlock) will not work on my passenger door after the update. Going back to the dealer next week.
That's the Deep Sleep Cycle/12V battery issue. Bet the interior lights do not work.

Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Ford dealer is really high tech. Call them and they instantly knew me based on phone number and that I had 4 recalled to do. Provided an Uber driver to take me home and pick me up. 2 hrs for software update…engine fire recall since July is still awaiting parts.

Storm Ranger

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Explorer, 17 RAV 4, 22 Lariat Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

JCRaleigh; I have a 22 Lariat Hybrid I am located in Raleigh I have had 3 recalls done at Leith Ford in Wendall. I received the letter from Ford this week 23E09 I will schedule an appointment for this recall within the next 2 weeks. I understand from this forum people that has had it done have nothing but positive things to say.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received the emissions recall notification from Ford this week for my 2023 XL Hybrid built in March. But it is identified as 23E09, not the 23E07 reported by OP for the 2022 Mav. It requires the same solution to be performed: software update for PCM.
I received notices for 23E07 AND 23E09. Doe one override the other?
Sponsored