2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well... I had Rebel Off Road in Lake Forest, CA install all of the available JCR Off Road skid plates for my standard - not Tremor or FX4 - EB AWD Maverick on Friday.
  • The pair of floor skid plates installed as described in the video. Yet, the evap plate pictured on the website and part of the description was not included in my kit (or fell out because the packaging was damaged).
  • Installing the gas tank skid plate required some cuts and bending of the aluminum heat shield.
  • The front engine skid plate appears to be the wrong part. Maybe it was meant for the FX4? It doesn't mount to the bottom of the front bumper/spoiler (see the pictures below).
I am still waiting to hear from JCR Off Road.

Here are some hastily taken pictures.

PXL_20240504_004032169.jpg

PXL_20240504_004045725.jpg

PXL_20240504_004426037.jpg

PXL_20240504_004436821.jpg
Sponsored

40caliber

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
forty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Extra charge for having to bend and cut yourself?

OP
OP
prsncat

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Rebel Off Road estimated the work based on the videos and instructions they downloaded from the JCR Off Road website. Thus, they assumed some modifications would be required and didn't add any additional time costs to the original estimate. I am very pleased with their work. I am not very happy with JCR Off Road at the moment since that engine skid plate is awful -- it was embarrassing to see how far it is.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rebel Off Road estimated the work based on the videos and instructions they downloaded from the JCR Off Road website. Thus, they assumed some modifications would be required and didn't add any additional time costs to the original estimate. I am very pleased with their work. I am not very happy with JCR Off Road at the moment since that engine skid plate is awful -- it was embarrassing to see how far it is.
pretty sure you got a Tremor skid there, no wonder it didn't fit

*Fits Bronco Sport and Maverick - with no mention of Maverick model, JCR's fault.
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BSSD-GN-1G.html

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It may be a kit for a tremor . The tremor come with an evap skid plate from the factory so a swap may not be needed on the tremor. Could you post some more photos of the front skid. It maybe a bronco sport skid plate.

Did you get the rock rails?

Did you get the cat skid plate?

Can you post some more photos of the gas tank skid plate?

I think you are the first person on the form to install these. I Saw someone else ordered them but they had not yet installed them.

Thank you for posting.

OP
OP
prsncat

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It may be a kit for a tremor . The tremor come with an evap skid plate from the factory so a swap may not be needed on the tremor. Could you post some more photos of the front skid. It maybe a bronco sport skid plate.

Did you get the rock rails?

Did you get the cat skid plate?

Can you post some more photos of the gas tank skid plate?

I think you are the first person on the form to install these. I Saw someone else ordered them but they had not yet installed them.

Thank you for posting.
Engine skid plate: I received a reply from JCR Off-Road. They stated that the engine plate was designed to be a universal fit for all models. I think it looks terrible. As such, I believe I saw something from a company called 'Rival' that might be a better solution. I will search for a better option. I will sell or give away this one when I do.

I do have the floor plates. The installation video is 'close enough' according to the installer.

I am disappointed in the answer regarding the catalytic converter cover. You must read closely to see that the catalytic converter cover picture is purchased separately. Yet, if you start at the home page and look for Maverick items, the catalytic converter cover is not included in the results. The catalytic cover appears as a 'related item' when you look at the floor plates. The third bullet in the floor plates description states that the pictures show the optional catalytic converter plate which can be added to the cart via the related items at the bottom of the page. I consider this deceptive. I expected it to be included. Otherwise, I would have bought it too.

I did get the gas tank plate as well. This is the one where the installation video lacks the heat shield modifications. I will try to get more pictures of everything when it is on a lift again. The installer was still working on the installations after closing. So, we needed to get it down and out of the shop as soon as they were done.

A.Bursell

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for posting- I was looking at both the JCR and Rival options for engine skid plate, but I agree with you this looks terrible even though it "fits." Definitely not considering the JCR any more.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know what games are going on here but the 2 attached photos are from the Bronco Sport & Maverick Engine Skid | 1st Gen (21+) product web page. They are clearly different with the left being for Tremor and the right being for traditional Maverick. Someone's head is up a dark stinky place.

2023-ford-maverick-tremori.jpg
mavskid.jpg

@prsncat send these photos to JCR and demand refund/replacement.

Last edited:

TJ2023

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well... I had Rebel Off Road in Lake Forest, CA install all of the available JCR Off Road skid plates for my standard - not Tremor or FX4 - EB AWD Maverick on Friday.
  • The pair of floor skid plates installed as described in the video. Yet, the evap plate pictured on the website and part of the description was not included in my kit (or fell out because the packaging was damaged).
  • Installing the gas tank skid plate required some cuts and bending of the aluminum heat shield.
  • The front engine skid plate appears to be the wrong part. Maybe it was meant for the FX4? It doesn't mount to the bottom of the front bumper/spoiler (see the pictures below).

I was just looking at those yesterday. I was concerned that they didn't specify if they were for FX4, Tremor or other packages. I can now see my concerns were valid! I knew the skid plates for regular ecoboost, fx4 and tremor weren't interchangeable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
prsncat

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't know what games are going on here but the 2 attached photos are from the Bronco Sport & Maverick Engine Skid | 1st Gen (21+) product web page. They are clearly different with the left being for Tremor and the right being for traditional Maverick. Someone's head is up a dark stinky place.

mavskid.jpg

Thank you. I sent this to them asking if they sent me the wrong part. We will see.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

mavskid.jpg

Maybe the one that has the removable plate with the kink in it is for the 1.5L (3cyl) BS?

HRG

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe the one that has the removable plate with the kink in it is for the 1.5L (3cyl) BS?

HRG
go over to the Rival site and look at the Tremor plate, same kink

OP
OP
prsncat

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you. I sent this to them asking if they sent me the wrong part. We will see.
JCR Off Road has not responded to my email in two days. I guess the last email (that there was only one design) was their final answer.

Someone asked if the coolant hose hit the engine skid plate. The hose does not hit the engine skid plate. The engine skid plate is about seven inches from the bumper. Thus, everything is susceptible to something getting kicked up and into the engine compartment.

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice set-up you

Nice set-up you got there 👍

I ordered some parts (Molle Panels) from JCR Off-Road over a month ago and I've yet to receive anything. They didn't even notify me to give me an update on my order to let me know what was causing the delay. After reaching out to them to find out the status of my order, they just replied by telling me to wait for an email with my tracking order number.

I find it odd that it takes over a month to make a molle panel for something you advertise.

Anyways, I'm going to give them another month. If I don't hear or receive anything from them (JCR), I will cancel my order.
Sponsored