First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In looking at my window sticker, I do not see the common "4G LTE WI-FI HOTSPOT REMOVAL" charge. My dealer was saying I should be able to enable Wi-Fi and sign up for an AT&T data plan for about $20/month. However, when I try to implement such features in my FortPass application, under Connected Services, I receive the message there are no connected services available.

Do I have the ability to implement a data plan and Wi-Fi in the vehicle or not? If so, how? I'm not sure I would, but if it is cheap enough then I might.

Thanks,
Andrew

PS. This is not a fleet vehicle.
Sponsored

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Idk but if there is a SIM card involved and you can get that card info maybe u can activate it though a carrier .
Just spitballing

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In looking at my window sticker, I do not see the common "4G LTE WI-FI HOTSPOT REMOVAL" charge. My dealer was saying I should be able to enable Wi-Fi and sign up for an AT&T data plan for about $20/month. However, when I try to implement such features in my FortPass application, under Connected Services, I receive the message there are no connected services available.

Do I have the ability to implement a data plan and Wi-Fi in the vehicle or not? If so, how? I'm not sure I would, but if it is cheap enough then I might.

Thanks,
Andrew

PS. This is not a fleet vehicle.
Is this a 2024? It was never offered on the 2024 to begin with so it won't show as a delete.
Only shows as a delete if it was in the original specs and removed after.

OP
OP

TimeOutside

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is this a 2024? It was never offered on the 2024 to begin with so it won't show as a delete.
Yes, it's a 2024. So, am I correct in assuming that in-vehicle Wi-Fi is not an option through equipment installed by Ford?

Thanks,
Andrew

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, it's a 2024. So, am I correct in assuming that in-vehicle Wi-Fi is not an option through equipment installed by Ford?

Thanks,
Andrew
Correct. There is no module for you to be able to provide yourself or passengers a WiFi connection hosted by the truck. If people in your truck need WiFi, your cell phone may be able to act as a hot spot. Depends on your phone and phone plan. Mine can and it does not cost me any more than what I already pay. I set the access point name and password to be the same as my home WiFi, so if I turn it on in my Maverick, all my devices (and my kid's/wife's devices) connect automatically since they think they are at home.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TimeOutside

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
your cell phone may be able to act as a hot spot.
That's what I've always done. But since it's usually just my wife and me, I don't use it much in the vehicle. It's pretty much just used when the grandkids, great-grandkids, travel with us. I thought if the plan was cheap enough and could be paused then I might go for it. I know T-Mobile, AT&T, and others sell a hot spot that connects to the OBD port, but they cost around $150 and the plan can't be paused. Forget that. I'll just use my phone.

Thanks,
Andrew

AlsMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat FX4 w/4k Tow Build Date 12/5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2024 Lariat EB had the WiFi hot spot delete listed on the window sticker.

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello can it turned on thru forscan if it was deleted it’s on my window sticker ?

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hello can it turned on thru forscan if it was deleted it’s on my window sticker ?
No, the hardware for it does not exist. It was removed due to chip shortages.

Ren E Gade

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Atlas Blue, BAP, Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
...... I set the access point name and password to be the same as my home WiFi, so if I turn it on in my Maverick, all my devices (and my kid's/wife's devices) connect automatically since they think they are at home.
Warning that if you have auto updates when connected to home wifi enabled you may have problems with doing this.
Sponsored