Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There isn’t much detail on the Tremor suspension in the spec sheet.

The only information provided in the technical spec sheet about the Tremor front and rear suspension is that it’s an “off-road tuned suspension”.

For example:

how are Tremor’s dampers different from the “mono-tube hydraulic gas-pressurized dampers with hydraulic stop” found in the FX4 package?

Do they have a remote reservoir?

Do they have a larger diameter? Etc.

thanks in advance.to anyone with further info.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"unique off-road-tailored front and rear suspension" is Ford's line and they're sticking to it.

If it's unique beyond dimensional support for the 8/10ths inch lift is anyone's guess but
it's pretty clear that the spring rates are lower than other Mavericks witnessed by 300# less payload.
Remote reservoir, no.
My guess is the shock dampening is higher to offset the softer springs to prevent bottoming, at least for the down/compression stroke.

OP
OP

Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"unique off-road-tailored front and rear suspension" is Ford's line and they're sticking to it.

If it's unique beyond dimensional support for the 8/10ths inch lift is anyone's guess but
it's pretty clear that the spring rates are lower than other Mavericks witnessed by 300# less payload.
Remote reservoir, no.
My guess is the shock dampening is higher to offset the softer springs to prevent bottoming, at least for the down/compression stroke.
Thanks @fossil for this info. Higher shock dampening would explain the stiffer on-road ride quality my ‘23 Tremor Mav has over my previous ‘22 non-FX4 AWD Mav. That ‘22 non-FX4 AWD suspension was admittedly more comfortable on-road and had noticeably better speed bump absorption,. That said the Tremor has its benefits in the off road application.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

All the specs at which shocks are measured, the Tremor is a step above. Dont really have anything more I should say.

OP
OP

Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All the specs at which shocks are measured, the Tremor is a step above. Dont really have anything more I should say.
I take Ford’s word for it. Still would be interesting to know the geeky details about what makes the Tremor’s springs, shocks, etc better for off-road.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I take Ford’s word for it. Still would be interesting to know the geeky details about what makes the Tremor’s springs, shocks, etc better for off-road.
Wouldn't we all :cool:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

To my knowledge the development test data is owned by the company that developed them. Unfortunately since its not a direct to consumer company they dont show off that kind of stuff. I imagine keeping it in-house keeps competition on its toes.

cthulhu_rising

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm no expert, and this is an uneducated guess so please take it all with a grain of salt:

I'd assume we've got at least a few things in common with the Bronco Sport Badlands since the base chassis are almost the same and the specs in terms of upgrade over non-Badlands models are similar.

If the Tremor is remotely similar, then this write-up may be of interest. It's a deep dive into the Bronco Sport Badlands edition suspension.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/06/03/ford-bronco-sport-suspension-deep-dive/

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm no expert, and this is an uneducated guess so please take it all with a grain of salt:

I'd assume we've got at least a few things in common with the Bronco Sport Badlands since the base chassis are almost the same and the specs in terms of upgrade over non-Badlands models are similar.

If the Tremor is remotely similar, then this write-up may be of interest. It's a deep dive into the Bronco Sport Badlands edition suspension.

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/06/03/ford-bronco-sport-suspension-deep-dive/
That was always my understanding that the Tremor and BS Badlands shared the same components.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ford made a big deal about the BSBL having a H.O.S.S. suspension setup.
I expect the Tremor is somewhat less, probably in the shock/strut.

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford made a big deal about the BSBL having a H.O.S.S. suspension setup.
I expect the Tremor is somewhat less, probably in the shock/strut.
Yeah, we'd hear about Tremor having the HOSS setup too if it were equal... they wouldn't let that marketing gem go unpublisized...

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, we'd hear about Tremor having the HOSS setup too if it were equal... they wouldn't let that marketing gem go unpublisized...
From what I do know I think they are actually quite similar, possibly even that the Tremor shocks are better for a heavier vehicle with a higher payload. I think the HOSS branding is Bronco specific. They wouldnt put it on anything but a Bronco. Plus I still think they are in the capacity scaling with Mavericks, they sell as many as they can build. How many Maverick specific ads have you seen, I havent seen one and I have see alot of Bronco Sport ads.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would be more interested in knowing how the programming is different. With so many things being computer controlled it can totally change how something drives.
Sponsored