First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had my 2024 Hybrid XLT for some time now and I just cannot get comfortable in the thing. It seems that almost every time I drive the truck I am making seat &/or steering wheel adjustments trying to find the correct position for myself. I’ve never found it so hard to get comfortable in a car/truck before.

I’m 28 years old and have owned & driven all types of cars and trucks. The ergonomics of the Mavericks driver cockpit are all out of whack (in my opinion, of course). The gas pedal is further away than the brake pedal. Both pedals are too high. The seats lumbar support is too low. The bottom cushion of the seat is firm and angled up causing harsh pressure (over a short to medium amount of time. (e.g. 10min)). The steering wheel is angled away from the driver…I could go on and on.

I’m a 5’11” male weighing in at 170lbs. I feel like I’m a middle of the road human in terms of size & build. I should be able to get comfy in any vehicle, I’d think.

Personally I think the drivers cockpit is aweful in the maverick. Which is sad to say because besides that, I absolutely love the truck. It’s just a bummer because this is one of the most important parts of a vehicle and your experience with it.

How do you feel about your truck? Have you made any modifications to improve the comfort of your cockpit?
Sponsored

Toddman45

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT, Ford explorer Platinum, Chevy E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 6'1" 165 lbs, 45 years old and have had 2 back surgeries.. I think the seats are comfy as can be, love the ever toasty bun and back warmers.

Only way the seats could be better is if they had a massage feature, but then I wouldn't be awake while driving.

Carlitos_92

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 XLT EB AWD Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am twice your age, 2" taller, and have 40 pounds on you, but I set up the truck the week I bought it and have not really messed with it since. The longest stint I have done so far is maybe 4 hours, with a total of 9-10 hours total driving in a day, and I have had no issues.

I can see that the bottom seat cushion is short-ish, the padding is cheap (along with all of the interior), but that hasn't hurt me so far.

My only real complaint, aside from how the steering wheel and console vinyl feel sticky/cheap, is that it is hard to find a comfy spot to rest my left arm while driving. The window sill is hard plastic and a bit high, but the padded door handle area is too low and a bit too close. I had this same complaint with my last upmarket SUV, so I just live with it.

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found putting the seat up and back so my feet had the proper distance from the pedals and then pull the telescoping steering wheel back to me so it's comfortable. I'm about 5'10 and find it pretty comfortable, except for the arm rests as mentioned by others. Keep trying, you'll get it. 😬

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 6'2", about 170 pounds. I'm comfy as can be in my Maverick Eco XLT. Maybe it's because I'm coming from (and still own) a 2002 Ranger.

I'm an old guy with a boney butt.
I wish the seat bottom had more padding, because mine does not.

I liked the seats better in my 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac and my 2018 Buick Encore. My wife's 2016 Ford Escape has more comfortable seats than the Maverick.

Last edited:

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m 28 years old and have owned & driven all types of cars and trucks. The ergonomics of the Mavericks driver cockpit are all out of whack (in my opinion, of course). The gas pedal is further away than the brake pedal. Both pedals are too high. The seats lumbar support is too low. The bottom cushion of the seat is firm and angled up causing harsh pressure (over a short to medium amount of time. (e.g. 10min)). The steering wheel is angled away from the driver…I could go on and on.
6'1" 240# and the seat is fine for me. raise your seat, it will improve the seat bottom angle, your angle to the wheel, change your relationship to the arm rest and correct the too high pedals. Brake pedal higher than gas is common to me, don't know if I've ever had a car where they were even.

But hey I only have 4 times your years of driving experience and 3 times your experience with the C2 platform vehicles I've owned, Escape Bronco Sport Tremor. ;) try it and good luck.

Rick65

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Ranger, 2024 FX4 on order
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I find the driver’s seat comfortable enough but I feel like the seat needs to be rotated about 1 degree clockwise . I feel like I am always slightly turned to the left.

RG Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XLT Lux Azure Grey Metallic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
6’3 200 no issues. The telescopic steering wheel keeps me at the right distance. More comfortable than my wife’s VW Atlas and the Equinox I moved on from. You’ll find the sweet spot, my friend.

Sponsored

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’ve had my 2024 Hybrid XLT for some time now and I just cannot get comfortable in the thing. It seems that almost every time I drive the truck I am making seat &/or steering wheel adjustments trying to find the correct position for myself. I’ve never found it so hard to get comfortable in a car/truck before.

I’m a 5’11” male weighing in at 170lbs. I feel like I’m a middle of the road human in terms of size & build. I should be able to get comfy in any vehicle, I’d think.

Personally I think the drivers cockpit is aweful in the maverick. Which is sad to say because besides that, I absolutely love the truck. It’s just a bummer because this is one of the most important parts of a vehicle and your experience with it.

How do you feel about your truck? Have you made any modifications to improve the comfort of your cockpit?
I am 77, 5-8, 142 #. For the last 20 yrs I have used a seat cushion to make the car seat fit my butt. So that being said, I enjoy driving my Mav. The longest drive I have taken is about 134 mi.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I was 34, I bought an '87 Ranger to replace my '81 Courier. I thought I would never get used to the different driving position. That truck ended up with 246k before I replaced it. You will get used to it if you try.

MavDan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
6' 210lbs. Constantly moving steering wheel around, arm rest on door too low, arm rest in the middle too low. 2+ years into ownership.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maverick is comfortable enough for me (5'10), no better or worse than other vehicles I've driven after almost 2 years of ownership. I do agree that the tilt of the bottom of the seat isn't great. I set everything up when I got it, and fix it after services, but otherwise don't touch seat or steering wheel position. I only find the seat starts to feel uncomfortable after 45-60 minutes of driving, but that's been true of every vehicle I've owned, regardless of seat type or style.
Sponsored