First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the driver side one today. Installation was relatively straight forward. However, there was one step that could have been completed far easier with little effort by Ford. You needed to drill the cubbie bezel. twice. Once with a 1/4 inch bit and then with a 9/16 inch bit. They could have just used a thinner spacer rather than making you drill twice and used the thickness of the bezel itself as part of the spacer.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Dcat99

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
I installed the driver side one today. Installation was relatively straight forward. However, there was one step that could have been completed far easier with little effort by Ford. You needed to drill the cubbie bezel. twice. Once with a 1/4 inch bit and then with a 9/16 inch bit. They could have just used a thinner spacer rather than making you drill twice and used the thickness of the bezel itself as part of the spacer.
What does this do to the ability to haul sheets of plywood? I'm wanting to get the tool box for mine but worried that it would interfere with the ability for things like sheets of plywood to sit flat in the bed since they have to sit on the wheel wells. Does this interfere with that?

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does this do to the ability to haul sheets of plywood? I'm wanting to get the tool box for mine but worried that it would interfere with the ability for things like sheets of plywood to sit flat in the bed since they have to sit on the wheel wells. Does this interfere with that?
There is a lever you can pull to detach the tool box in less than one second. Honestly it is quickly removable and has no impact on what you can haul

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is the toolbox utility? Any negatives?

OP
OP

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How is the toolbox utility? Any negatives?
I haven't had any issues that I can report on. I mainly use mine to keep tie downs, etc that I use to haul stuff. So far no issues.
Sponsored