First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2006 Toyota RAV-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanted to share my experience ordering and buying my 2023 Ford Maverick hybrid through Sheehy Ford of Richmond, VA.

Placed my order Sept 17, 2022. In February 2023, learned about the constrained and surplus items with production, went back to the dealer Feb 18, removed the hitch and splash guards, added spray-in bed liner and cargo management system. Four weeks later received the scheduled-for-production email from Ford.

Found the thread here about how to track your Maverick from the factory to the dealer. Mine was built May 12, shipped May 13. Tracked it on Norfolk Southern until it arrived in Petersburg, VA on June 2. Kept checking United Road all weekend but it sat there until the morning of Monday June 5. Around noon my salesman sent me a photo showing my Maverick on the transport truck arriving at the dealership.

Got to the dealership at 6:30 pm, all the prep and paperwork was done and waiting when I arrived (including the front plate bracket still in it’s wrapping because I asked them to not install it on the bumper).

Sheehy not only accepted my Ford military exclusive cash reward of $1,000, they also gave me price protection from the increase Ford added at the beginning of the year. The MSRP for my truck is $27,920 but I ended up only paying $28,522 out-the-door.

I have nothing but high praise and appreciation for my salesman, Kevin Lowery, and Sheehy Ford in Richmond. Anyone in Virginia that ordered through a sketchy or shady dealership and is considering ordering a 2024, I strongly urge you to contact Sheehy and Kevin.

On a side note- I was #55 of 80 people that placed orders in Sept 22 for a Maverick. Kevin said my delivery is only the 5th one to come in. Not sure if that’s due to me modifying my order or dealer allocation or what.

When I heard here that the order banks are opening in July for 2024 orders, I contacted Kevin immediately and asked to be put on that list too. When picking my Mav up last night, he said I’m #1 on the list this time.

Ford Maverick Sheehy Ford Richmond Review CCC5F9C9-CBB1-4AD7-86BD-AB98C05D9472
Ford Maverick Sheehy Ford Richmond Review CC5919EB-3DCD-4C5C-9C88-AA1C5620C04C
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Post some pics.

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just wanted to share my experience ordering and buying my 2023 Ford Maverick hybrid through Sheehy Ford of Richmond, VA.

Placed my order Sept 17, 2022. In February 2023, learned about the constrained and surplus items with production, went back to the dealer Feb 18, removed the hitch and splash guards, added spray-in bed liner and cargo management system. Four weeks later received the scheduled-for-production email from Ford.

Found the thread here about how to track your Maverick from the factory to the dealer. Mine was built May 12, shipped May 13. Tracked it on Norfolk Southern until it arrived in Petersburg, VA on June 2. Kept checking United Road all weekend but it sat there until the morning of Monday June 5. Around noon my salesman sent me a photo showing my Maverick on the transport truck arriving at the dealership.

Got to the dealership at 6:30 pm, all the prep and paperwork was done and waiting when I arrived (including the front plate bracket still in it’s wrapping because I asked them to not install it on the bumper).

Sheehy not only accepted my Ford military exclusive cash reward of $1,000, they also gave me price protection from the increase Ford added at the beginning of the year. The MSRP for my truck is $27,920 but I ended up only paying $28,522 out-the-door.

I have nothing but high praise and appreciation for my salesman, Kevin Lowery, and Sheehy Ford in Richmond. Anyone in Virginia that ordered through a sketchy or shady dealership and is considering ordering a 2024, I strongly urge you to contact Sheehy and Kevin.

On a side note- I was #55 of 80 people that placed orders in Sept 22 for a Maverick. Kevin said my delivery is only the 5th one to come in. Not sure if that’s due to me modifying my order or dealer allocation or what.

When I heard here that the order banks are opening in July for 2024 orders, I contacted Kevin immediately and asked to be put on that list too. When picking my Mav up last night, he said I’m #1 on the list this time.
@mdwebby
Please submit an abbreviated version of this review using the Google Form
https://forms.gle/L3LMqVCyPhYsGzrr7

So I can add it to the spreadsheet of recommended dealers list.

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How abbreviated?
Whatever you want to add into the spreadsheet... Just trying to save you some time. I am not sure if Google Forms limits how many characters you can add to the field. It might let you copy and paste this into the form.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mdwebby

mdwebby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Post some pics.
Done. My bad, didn’t even think about adding pics. The salesman sent me the one with my Mav on the delivery truck. Also, notice they didn’t install the front license plate, just as I requested. Bought a Cravenspeed Playtpus plate mount and installed that last night

OP
OP
mdwebby

mdwebby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whatever you want to add into the spreadsheet... Just trying to save you some time. I am not sure if Google Forms limits how many characters you can add to the field. It might let you copy and paste this into the form.
I added my info to the spreadsheet. Hope it helps someone find a good dealership.
Sponsored