First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So last week on 4/17 I test drove a Maverick Lariat after researching my first new car purchase and fell in love with it, left a $500 deposit for the order.

Ecoboost AWD Cactus Gray with the blackout, 4k tow, hard tonneau, moonroof, and a bunch of the accessories. Was told could be a few months, mid to late summer at best. Which is fine, I don’t need the car, (my 2012 escape I only put 1k miles on a year lately since working from home, another reason I don’t want the hybird, since mpg isn’t a super concern and being in New England I finally want AWD), but super excited for when it finally does come in.

my dealer said the order has been submitted, but I haven’t gotten any confirmation email from Ford yet (I had given them my email address and the sales person has been in contact with me). I asked when I should see a confirmation since I didn’t get one yet, and he stated it was submitted and the confirmation would come once Ford accepts the order. Sound right to folks? This is my first new car and first time ordering one to my specifications, so Ive been trying to learn all about the allocations, availability etc.
Sponsored

Gray Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Terrain Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Cool that you were able to test drive. First Maverick I drove is when my order came in.
One of the things I learned from this forum is that every dealer does things differently.
The bunch of accessories could be the holdup to ford accepting the order. If any one has supply chain issues, it holds up the entire order. Many posts on removing the accessories to speed the process.

OP
OP

TheMedge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cool that you were able to test drive. First Maverick I drove is when my order came in.
One of the things I learned from this forum is that every dealer does things differently.
The bunch of accessories could be the holdup to ford accepting the order. If any one has supply chain issues, it holds up the entire order. Many posts on removing the accessories to speed the process.
Yeah they had a very similarly built Mav to drive, but it was white. I was tempted to make a move on it immediately, but for my first new new car purchase, I’d rather wait than compromise anything I might want.

There’s apparently a similar one in cactus over the state line in Mass (I’m in RI), but I’m not in a hurry and don’t feel like dealing with the extra steps of buying out of state, so I haven’t contacted that dealer to confirm or check it out, I have enough dealerships constantly blowing up my phone and emails now from my first batch of looking into it, heh.

Jay123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When i ordered the first time dealer never ordered my truck waited a year and half second time i place order with different dealer i had a confirmation from ford the next day
If you dont get confirmation get a different dealer

Sponsored

Johnny maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 mav 16 superduty 89 xr7 sc 5spd 84 gt turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't be afraid of buying out of state since covid most dealers will deliver it right to your door.

OP
OP

TheMedge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just might. Working with a dealer who has almost my same build, minus a few of the accessories I can easily do myself, but in The Shadow black with the black appearance package over the line in Mass, if the vehicle doesn’t move before I get a chance to visit next week I may just pick that up instead and go cancel my order for the Cactus Grey one.

OP
OP

TheMedge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So a final update:

bad news: still no confirmation from my original order.

good news: doesn’t matter anymore, deal is done for the Ecoboost Black Lariat, 4K, moonroof, Black appearance. The Mass dealer, Lamoureux Ford, made the out of state buying experience super easy. Now just to get my $500 deposit back from my local dealer.

Ford Maverick Placed an Order IMG_1172
Sponsored