First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley, 2007 Shelby GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey guys! Wanted to drop in and give a quick intro. I am a lifelong Ford guy and just put a deposit down on a new Maverick.
Last February I ended a lease on my 2018 F150 STX and ended up purchasing a 2018 Ram 1500 Crew Cab with the 5.7 hemi. I really wanted a Ranger at the time but could not justify spending $10k more than I ended up paying for the Ram. I’ve always been a small truck guy with my favorite trucks owned being my 98 & 03 Rangers.
This fall I started seeing info on the new Maverick and was interested. It seemed to fit my needs mainly as weekend transportation with truck capabilities. Like most, I do not need a full sized, crew cab truck that can tow a house.
This past weekend I saw a local dealer had a Rapid Red Maverick XLT with FX4 package listed on their website. I contacted them and confirmed the truck was on order and was available to purchase. I met with the sales rep on Tuesday and put a deposit down. The dealer is giving me more for my Ram than I paid for it last February and is selling the Maverick to me at MSRP with no dealer markup. The truck was scheduled for production on 12/19/21 but as of Tuesday there was no update in the system. I have the VIN and a copy of the window sticker but no order number since it was ordered by the dealership, not me. Guess I will have to keep in touch with my salesman to track its progress.
I am pretty excited about this new Maverick and getting back into a normal sized truck. I’ve owned 3 F150s (2 crew, 1 ext) and 1 Ram (crew cab) since parting with my 03 Ranger. All were adequate but just too much truck for how I use them. I have put 5000 mile on my Ram since buying it last February and won’t miss the 10-12 mpg I get driving to the grocery store. I can’t complain about the Ram, the power and features are awesome, and it has been my favorite truck since my 03 Ranger. Just overkill for my needs. Now I just have to be patient and wait for my new ride to be delivered!
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WELCOME!!!