Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

While I was able to place the order, the flares probably won't ship for another 2-3 weeks. The side marker lights shipped yesterday.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got lucky yesterday and grabbed a set of the Mabett Side Markers. Today the Mabett
Fenjder Flares were available and got those!
you scored, lots of folks have been waiting for them.

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares 23 CO MAV

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been considering these, but some have voiced fitment issues and I see a little gap at the bottom where they don't quite meet up with the trim. Ford has the Air Design, but they're $660. I haven't heard whether they fit any better or not. I would hope so for the difference in price. 😬

ksc83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Air Design ones are not bad but if you do not use the glue like they say, they will start to fall off in a few months if you go to a car wash daily. Honestly not a big deal because once they fall off, I can put them back on with the glue but just a word of caution. I also have the Mabett ones sitting in my backseat and may just put those one to see how they seem after the air design ones come off. I'll keep you all posted.

Sponsored

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Air Design ones are not bad but if you do not use the glue like they say, they will start to fall off in a few months if you go to a car wash daily. Honestly not a big deal because once they fall off, I can put them back on with the glue but just a word of caution. I also have the Mabett ones sitting in my backseat and may just put those one to see how they seem after the air design ones come off. I'll keep you all posted.
Since you have both, do the Air Design seem sturdier and fit better? It's a huge difference in price and I wonder if it's worth forking out the extra cash.

ksc83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since you have both, do the Air Design seem sturdier and fit better? It's a huge difference in price and I wonder if it's worth forking out the extra cash.
Hard to tell really, they both seem like they are made from the same density of plastic. The AD ones just arrived in better packaging than the Mabett ones. If I have some time tomorrow I will try and get some photos. I have to remove the front pair to put the Steelcraft bumper on so I'll try and get some with the Air Design installed and then with the Mabett ones "installed" to give you an idea of how much difference there is in size.

I do know the Air Design ones prevent you from running OEM mud flaps. Not sure about the Mabett ones.

JDMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_7749
Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_7754
Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_7845
I have the Mabett flares and flaps , really like the look but the front doesn’t fit the body correctly, small gap, and it seems Mabett is not available to address the problem.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can you define "fall off" please? I have a fresh set of the Air Designs, and was thinking about installing the fronts without the glue & 3M tape, so I could easily remove them in the event I need to pull the bumper off. If the rivets are not holding, I have a bag of screw & nut clip retainers I could use instead.

HRG

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the Mabett flares when the first became available last year. I was impressed with the snug fit, but I did have to add a small strip of double sided tape to the bottom front portion of my front left flare in January. The double sided tape that came on the flare was a little thin at that spot. All the others fit great and have had no problems. As for the tiny "gap" between the the bottom of the rear flare and the truck molding, it's a nothingburger for me. I'm not quite that OCD ;)

Sponsored

null98115

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Karmann Ghia, Westfalia, Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got mine. I think the price as gone up a bit - supply/demand. Expected delivery is only a week out.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personal opinion, I think the fender flares make the wheel wells look bigger thereby making the stock tires look too small. This makes bigger tires a must. That and the fact that the flares just make more places for dirt and grime to get caught between them and the fender to wear on the paint. No thank you. For those that have and like them, enjoy.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_7749.jpeg
IMG_7754.jpeg
IMG_7845.jpeg
I have the Mabett flares and flaps , really like the look but the front doesn’t fit the body correctly, small gap, and it seems Mabett is not available to address the problem.
I used clear silicone to stick the flair to the paint in situations like the small gaps that you have and it worked perfectly. The sticky tape did not hold in some areas. Also, I used a heat gun to bend the tabs on the flair (not all the push pin locations were 90 degrees from the fender). The heat gun worked great for that. Another small tip: I lightly sanded the edge where I thought it might rub on the paint. They will not just fall off. I assure you that I have went over 90 mph and no issues. Good luck with your installation.

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares 20231028_115831_resized

dc73pdsgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

finally the side marker lights are available again!

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs