First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After a long wait I finally got my XL Hybrid scheduled for 8/28 and am looking for suggestions for a good tonneau. I will likely be adding an elevate rack in the future so that limits my options, I am between the BAKflip MX4 trifold and the BAK X4S hard roll up. I would like the security for keeping tools locked up. I am in in western NY and it needs to function well in cold, snow, and Ice. I also want something that will hold up over time. Please share your experience.
Sponsored

Mightybeast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bak flip is good. Gator trifold good as well made by the same company.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the Xcover on the GF's XL Hybrid.
Seems good quality from what I can tell.
Mine has the Ford Tri fold. The Xcover seems just as sturdy. These are selling for $629 on Amazon right now.
Ford Maverick Hard Tonneau suggestions? IMG_20230618_122157

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just keep in mind that the hard tri-fold won't be able to open all the way and rest on the back window if you have the Elevate CS racks installed. There is a clearance issue. I went with the hard-roll up (Centry CT) and I'm happy with it so far.

Also keep in mind that the Elevate CS racks are extremely delayed from RealTruck right now. I ordered on June 13 and I'm still waiting for mine. Estimate has moved repeatedly with a current delivery date of Aug 10th, but that may change again. One salesman told me it could be up to 50 business days (aka 10 weeks).

K Ayd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After a long wait I finally got my XL Hybrid scheduled for 8/28 and am looking for suggestions for a good tonneau. I will likely be adding an elevate rack in the future so that limits my options, I am between the BAKflip MX4 trifold and the BAK X4S hard roll up. I would like the security for keeping tools locked up. I am in in western NY and it needs to function well in cold, snow, and Ice. I also want something that will hold up over time. Please share your experience.
I bought the backflip mx4 due to the security and that the exterior was powder coated unlike any other tonneau cover
No issues easy installation and I love it

Sponsored

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the Trucedo Sentry hard roll-up tonneau cover. Works great, secure, keeps out water & looks great. Doesn't take up bed space when open.

Noofis12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I installed the Trucedo Sentry hard roll-up tonneau cover. Works great, secure, keeps out water & looks great. Doesn't take up bed space when open.
I managed a truck accessory store for years and got to demo over 20 covers on my truck. I'm putting the Truxedo Sentry CT on my Maverick when it comes in

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I managed a truck accessory store for years and got to demo over 20 covers on my truck. I'm putting the Truxedo Sentry CT on my Maverick when it comes in
That's good to know. I had a tough time deciding on the Truxedo Sentry or Sentry CT, but went with the Sentry.

Noofis12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's good to know. I had a tough time deciding on the Truxedo Sentry or Sentry CT, but went with the Sentry.
Just comes down to personal preference on looks, both are great! Enjoy

Sponsored

mielelaw

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mav Tremor, 06 Vette, 11 F250, 07 Shelby, 79 TA
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Lomax Stance. No water infiltration, full access to bed unlike other tri-folds, nice coating on the cover. Deal with Lomax direct and they build to order.

OP
OP
Dean S

Dean S

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for all the responses so far, I now have some more options on my radar. Has anyone had these on their truck during a winter? That's one of my concerns. Also need something that I could use some sort of rack with, most likely the elevate system as I haven't seen any other good options

Noncon4myst

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Expedition, 2013 Chevy Sonic, 2021 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Noncon4myst

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Expedition, 2013 Chevy Sonic, 2021 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I installed the Xcover on the GF's XL Hybrid.
Seems good quality from what I can tell.
Mine has the Ford Tri fold. The Xcover seems just as sturdy. These are selling for $629 on Amazon right now.
IMG_20230618_122157.jpg
I like the cover and its low profile and reasonable price, where did you end up putting the drain lines on the Maverick? I saw in a review about something with the middle section could be lifted. How did you handle that? Did they come up with a fix to prevent access?

Jeddums

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My experience is pretty short, but I installed the X4s two weeks ago and I like a lot so far. It took about 45 minutes to install though I'm anal and it probably could be done quicker.

In the couple of big rain storms we've had so far it has only had a small amount of water get in. Honestly much, much better than I was expecting.

I don't know how it will hold up overtime but I'm pretty happy with my choice so far.
Sponsored