Sponsored

Backup camera did not turn off after shifting to Drive, then sharp loud heavy metallic clunk, after stopping and trying Reverse and Park.

Dman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corolla,1990 Silverado,1949 GMC,1949 Harley
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Night before last I backed out of a parking spot and then when shifting to drive and going a few feet, I noticed the backup camera was still showing on the screen, so I stopped. I waited a few seconds then shifted to reverse and backed up a few feet then stopped for a few seconds then put it back in drive and started driving and it still showed the backup camera. So I stopped again and then shifted to park for a few seconds but the backup camera was still on. I turned off the key, waited a few seconds then turned it on again, the center screen did not show the backup camera. Then I heard the sharp loud heavy metallic thud that felt like it was underneath. I did not see any indications of issues on the screens so I put it in drive and no problem the rest of the day or the next day with multiple small trips. So what the heck do you think that was??? (This is a hybrid XLT non lux with about 6,000 miles mostly highway)
Sponsored

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you checked in the settings to determine whether the back-up camera delay has been set to on? If that's the case, turning that option off might be all that is needed.

Can't speak to the thunk (which could be unrelated).