Sponsored

Any Bed Extender that works with tonneau cover installed?

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
Does anyone manufacture a Bed Extender that would work with a tonneau cover (e.g. BAK SS)?

thanks
Jon
Sponsored

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The FoMoCo one for Maverick works just fine. I have an Undercover Armorflex trifold tonneau along with the spray in bedliner and the Maverick rubber bed mat installed and my FoMoCo bed extender fits just fine with room to spare. Initially thought I might have to trim it down some due to the rubber bed mat but not needed. Very happy with the setup.

OP
OP

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
OP
OP

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
The FoMoCo one for Maverick works just fine. I have an Undercover Armorflex trifold tonneau along with the spray in bedliner and the Maverick rubber bed mat installed and my FoMoCo bed extender fits just fine with room to spare. Initially thought I might have to trim it down some due to the rubber bed mat but not needed. Very happy with the setup.
You mean this one?
Ford Maverick Any Bed Extender that works with tonneau cover installed? 1675001705790

It can be flipped inside the bed with the cover in place?

Thanks
Jon

Sponsored

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You mean this one?
1675001705790.png

It can be flipped inside the bed with the cover in place?

Thanks
Jon
Hi Jon,

That's the one. I used my Ford Points to get it and it has worked out great. Fits with the tonneau closed and bed mat plus when flipped inside the bed it works great as a "trunk" area so you can keep everything pretty much under that back flip panel near the tailgate.

I thought I'd only use it occasionally, but pretty much keep it installed all the time now.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not familiar with the Bak SS Tonneau but it would most likely just need folded/rolled open to operate the bed extender. Any of the compatible Bed Extenders should work. Mine is from my 2005 Sport Trac and works great with my Gator FX3 Tonneau.

Only thing I have seen is that the Ford Rollup Tonneau has brackets that get in the way of a bed extender.
Bed Extender - After Market - Does Not Fit If You Have a Tonneau Rollup Cover | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

Ford Maverick Any Bed Extender that works with tonneau cover installed? PXL_20220406_190733929

Ford Maverick Any Bed Extender that works with tonneau cover installed? PXL_20220406_190826017 (1)
Sponsored

Last edited: