First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted to run my ARB fridge and had an extra wiring kit laying in the garage. I wanted it to be constant hot, so I ran from the battery to the panel where the 110 plug would be in the rear of the bed. I also found a 12V power port and dual USB port that are marine grade from another project. Tailgating just got a bit better.

Ford Maverick Adding 12V and USB power ports to the bed - installed photo PXL_20211114_202318551
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I wanted to run my ARB fridge and had an extra wiring kit laying in the garage. I wanted it to be constant hot, so I ran from the battery to the panel where the 110 plug would be in the rear of the bed. I also found a 12V power port and dual USB port that are marine grade from another project. Tailgating just got a bit better.

PXL_20211114_202318551.jpg
Looks great and functional as well. Any plans for the top portion of the panel, or will you leave it as is?

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What are the factory 12v access points in the bed like? I'm guessing they run off the ignition switch if you ran a hot wire from the battery. The videos show the cover but not the access points.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much can you really run off the 12volt? I looked at the wire. Very small gauge. Can be capable of more than a few amps. Never really looked into the details of it on mine.

Sponsored

john218

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL, Mercedes C300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Well done!

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I'm holding out for some company to basically replicate the inverter in the lux package or Ford to eventually make it a dealer installable upgrade.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much can you really run off the 12volt? I looked at the wire. Very small gauge. Can be capable of more than a few amps. Never really looked into the details of it on mine.
If I remember correctly each side has a 12v line thats separately fused for 20 amps. I also think we get a pair of wiring pigtails that will connect to that plug.

Personally thinking of getting a marine grade 12v socket and installing it so its actually inside the storage cubby to run my little 12v air compressor.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm holding out for some company to basically replicate the inverter in the lux package or Ford to eventually make it a dealer installable upgrade.
Not an exact drop in, but this is the style inverter I use in my work van. Its good for about 10 amps at 120v, and has powered my key cutting machine, hammer drill, and sawzall more that a few time.

This one is my spare part, roll of electric tape for scale. Pretty sure it would fit on the back wall behind the seat, but can't actually size it up as I don't have my truck yet.

Ford Maverick Adding 12V and USB power ports to the bed - installed photo 20211115_084512

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Not an exact drop in, but this is the style inverter I use in my work van. Its good for about 10 amps at 120v, and has powered my key cutting machine, hammer drill, and sawzall more that a few time.

This one is my spare part, roll of electric tape for scale. Pretty sure it would fit on the back wall behind the seat, but can't actually size it up as I don't have my truck yet.

20211115_084512.jpg
Wow! that might be overkill for me as I don't plan on running powertools out the back very often although you've given me something new to think about. I'm definitely holding out for a drop in factory style but my backup is to run a regular inverter somehow. I haven't looked into faceplates or anything like that. I might be able to get a buddy to 3d print some stuff to make it work.

Mostly the rear outlet is just for emergency style stuff, camping, tailgating but now that you've brought up power tools it would be pretty sweet to use my truck instead of a mega extender from the house.

Sponsored

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! that might be overkill for me as I don't plan on running powertools out the back very often although you've given me something new to think about. I'm definitely holding out for a drop in factory style but my backup is to run a regular inverter somehow. I haven't looked into faceplates or anything like that. I might be able to get a buddy to 3d print some stuff to make it work.

Mostly the rear outlet is just for emergency style stuff, camping, tailgating but now that you've brought up power tools it would be pretty sweet to use my truck instead of a mega extender from the house.
A smaller size would work also, depending on your power needs. The factory one is located behind the rear seat on the wall, so I'm guessing there would be room. The hard part would be routing the wiring. Flip cover marine grade outlets could be found online or perhaps at a boating type store.

I ended up with the standard 400W inverter as it came with my lux package, otherwise thats what I would be doing.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
A smaller size would work also, depending on your power needs. The factory one is located behind the rear seat on the wall, so I'm guessing there would be room. The hard part would be routing the wiring. Flip cover marine grade outlets could be found online or perhaps at a boating type store.

I ended up with the standard 400W inverter as it came with my lux package, otherwise thats what I would be doing.
To be honest I'm just making excuses not to get the lux package. It has everything I want but I'm trying to stay responsible haha.

There's at least 5 killer features on the lux that I want.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To be honest I'm just making excuses not to get the lux package. It has everything I want but I'm trying to stay responsible haha.

There's at least 5 killer features on the lux that I want.
Lol, yeah, they made it tempting as hell for sure. It was the heated seats that put me over the top.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Can you provide part numbers or search descriptions as I will also want to do this when my Hybrid Truck arrives in January.

I also will add a 110V/400W bed outlet that is wired to the inverter that is installed in the rear of the cab. That was one reason I purchased the 110V/400W cab outlet for $150.
Sponsored