RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Terrain Escape Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The odd blank space under the headlights for the 2025 model seems to be a trend. 2024 GMC Acadia and Terrain did the same thing, although not quite as pronounced. I really don't understand design.

Ford Maverick 2025 Maverick Facelift Design Observation 6-30-2024 11-03-47 AM
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It does look odd, but it does seem to be trend. I also don't like that the turn signals are more to the center of the vehicle (even on the current design), making them harder for vehicles adjacent, or coming from a cross street, to see them active.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sometimes these decisions are driven by suppliers. As in, "we are selling this existing headlight design super cheap". Not true on high end cars, but definitely true on low end cars.

Other times it's regulations. People have no clue how many regulations auto designers have to meet in the USA and EU. Hoods have to be a certain height for pedestrian crashes. Lights have to be a certain size and placement. It goes on and on. Then you need good aero so you meet EPA. Then you need it to be easily manufactured if a cheap car (aka the Maverick). These designers and engineers have the weight of the world on their shoulders. Amazing they're able to deliver anything.

Sponsored

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The GMC design "blends in" much better than that of the '25 Maverick.

I will NEVER get used to the awful '25 Maverick front end, those "flaps" stick out like a sore thumb and truly are a major distraction. How this "flap=flop" design ever got approved is beyond comprehension.

I had been planning to trade-in/sell my '22 XLT for a 2025 XLT or Lariat, but the front end design is a deal breaker for me.

Those "flaps" on the Maverick are going to end up getting a lot of chips from road debris and will look like crap after a couple years.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does look odd, but it does seem to be trend. I also don't like that the turn signals are more to the center of the vehicle (even on the current design), making them harder for vehicles adjacent, or coming from a cross street, to see them active.
You're absolutely correct about the difficulty of adjacent vehicles seeing the turn signals. Easy enough to solve that problem thanks to many members of this club.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...o-night-video-added.27369/page-22#post-864291

Toddman45

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT, Ford explorer Platinum, Chevy E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The front end looks off to me. The only thing I've seen so far that looks nicer is the larger better placed touch screen in the center stack.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You're absolutely correct about the difficulty of adjacent vehicles seeing the turn signals. Easy enough to solve that problem thanks to many members of this club.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/💡-converting-the-maverick-side-badge-to-a-signal-lamp-light-diy-how-to-and-result-video-night-video-added.27369/page-22#post-864291
I'm well aware of that stuff, shouldn't have to modify your vehicle to make it safe. Given all the electrical issues with the Maverick, I'm not touching the wiring with a 10 foot pole as long as the warranty is in tact.

Sovande

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/💡-converting-the-maverick-side-badge-to-a-signal-lamp-light-diy-how-to-and-result-video-night-video-added.27369/page-22#post-864291
The problem with the Mabett light inserts is that they look very cheap and not OEM. They look like aftermarket LEDs that are not color or temp matched to the existing lighting on the truck.

Sponsored

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The odd blank space under the headlights for the 2025 model seems to be a trend. 2024 GMC Acadia and Terrain did the same thing, although not quite as pronounced. I really don't understand design.

6-30-2024 11-03-47 AM.png
I think it looks terrible. I hope Ford changes this. Are they having headlights on top then?

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The problem with the Mabett light inserts is that they look very cheap and not OEM. They look like aftermarket LEDs that are not color or temp matched to the existing lighting on the truck.
Other members have also expressed this observation. The link I gave should have directed members to how I modified the badge to include a turn signal.
Sponsored