Sponsored

2023 Maverick Lariat Lux AWD, do I keep it?

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2023 Lariat AWD is in to the dealer. I already have a 2022 hybrid which I'm probably going to keep. I ordered it thinking that I need the AWD, after this past winter I'm not so sure. My front wheel drive hybrid did just fine in the snow. I thought about needing it for the towing but I rarely tow and with campgrounds around me taking reservations a year in advance and filling up anyway it doesn't make much sense to get a camper to haul.
Dealer is trying to talk me into buying the 23 to resell. It's loaded, moonroof, rolling toneau cover, black option, 4k towing. It would cost me around 45K including taxes. Would I be able to make anything selling it or just pass. I'm not really big on dealing with scammers and lowballers.
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wouldn't buy it since you have no use for it, it sounds like. Your profit, if any, is going to be tiny.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can take a Mav to Carmax or others and make a profit (right now).

OP
OP
homerdog

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kind of what I figured. Salesman thinks it's an easy 2k for me, but he deals with that kind of stuff on a daily basis.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think the fully loaded AWD model will sell for a huge profit, especially after your sales tax hit. I probably wouldn't bother. You might make a few $1000, but then you might be also looking at capital gains on your tax return next year.

Reactions: bgn

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You can take a Mav to Carmax or others and make a profit (right now).
CarMax isn't going to give you above $45,000 for an AWD Maverick.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

High model trim with Ecoboost probably won't net you as much as a Hybrid XL or XLT. Ecoboosts will probably start showing up as dealer inventory in the coming months as production catches up with the smaller retail order demand for Ecoboosts. You might even take a loss on it. Maybe that's why your dealer is so insistent on you buying the AWD Lariat given that at 45k, you're entering Tacoma or Ranger price range.

I would pass.

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it was a hybrid absolutely. There is nothing to make on an Ecoboost.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More expensive MSRP the lower the profit it seems. XLs seem to really get a wild trade in overall.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As the old song says “Let it Be. Whispering words of Wisdom, Let it Be.” I have Never heard of a dealer who would not be happy fo you to walk away? If there is a good profit to be made then why does the dealer not want to make it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
homerdog

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked with Carmax, somehow I ended up with Driveway calling me to tell me that they won't give me a price unless I own the car for 60 days.
I ended up telling salesman to keep it.
Looked at it before leaving, does anyone else think the front end view of a blackout/carbon grey mix doesn't look very good? There's just something off about it. Overall to me it just looks like a work truck and should be covered in dust. My wife likes the cactus grey that we have much better.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 2023 Lariat AWD is in to the dealer. I already have a 2022 hybrid which I'm probably going to keep. I ordered it thinking that I need the AWD, after this past winter I'm not so sure. My front wheel drive hybrid did just fine in the snow. I thought about needing it for the towing but I rarely tow and with campgrounds around me taking reservations a year in advance and filling up anyway it doesn't make much sense to get a camper to haul.
Dealer is trying to talk me into buying the 23 to resell. It's loaded, moonroof, rolling toneau cover, black option, 4k towing. It would cost me around 45K including taxes. Would I be able to make anything selling it or just pass. I'm not really big on dealing with scammers and lowballers.
Why do you want to become a used car salesman? Unless you are in need for the few dollars you'll get when all is said and done, it's no easy thing dealing with people looking for a bargain. I dought you will clear 2or3K in the end for yourself. JMHO

OP
OP
homerdog

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I ended up not getting it, not worth it for the 1 or 2k I might have made. It took the dealer maybe two days to sell it, but then he doesn't have to make up the $2500 difference in the sales tax and doc fees.
Sponsored