Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apologies Smologies. At the accident, they are always apologetic. Then, after they get home and talk with boardwalk attorneys, THEY NEVER HEARD OF YOU, OR YOUR CAR. The "diminished value" thing is nice; I never heard of it. Good luck. On my front-end damage on my Mazda Tribute, State Farm asked me ONE QUESTION, "Did the air go off?" I said "yes." They totalled it, over the phone.
Unfortunately, there's not an insurance company out there that wants to risk insuring a car after the airbags deploy. Imagine it's repaired, the car is in another accident. It's bad. The other vehicle is at fault. They see the car history and argue "those injuries/damages wouldn't have been that bad if you hadn't repaired an unsafe vehicle improperly. We're not paying."

It's really just the liability at that point. And they'd rather write the check than to deal with that possibility.

Same thing happened with my dad's van recently. Not even a question about extent of the damages. Front end and the airbag went off. Boom, totaled. Check will be deposited once you sign the online form and mail us the title and keys.
Sponsored